Iceberg Hosting, LLC: Terms of Service Agreement
- The customer shall provide billing address and any other information necessary for Iceberg Hosting, LLC to maintain web hosting and registration services (if applicable). Any information not provided at sign-up will be requested by Iceberg Hosting and provided by the customer.
- Billing for Iceberg Hosting's service will normally commence when data files are installed on the server and can be accessed from the Internet. Service is invoiced monthly in advance; terminaion of Website Hosting Services with Iceberg Hosting requires a three-month advance notification via e-mail or postal mail. If a customer chooses to activate their domain name through Iceberg Hosting, their domain name registration will expire with their web hosting services. If a customer chooses to deactivate services and does not give three months' notification, the customer is subject to all hosting fees that would incur, and any possible transfer fees, for up to three months of service. Iceberg Hosting reserves the right to change the rates by notifying you 60 days in advance of the effective date of the change.
- Payment is due 30 days after the date of an invoice. Accounts are in default if payment is not received within 30 days after the invoice date. If payment is returned to us unpaid, the customer is immediately in default and subject to a returned check charge of $25. Accounts unpaid 60 days after date of invoice may be subject to service interruption. Such interruption does not relieve you from the obligation to pay the monthly charge. Accounts in default are subject to an interest charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance. If your state law does not allow an interest rate of 1.5% per month, the maximum allowable rate for your state will be charged. If you default, you agree to pay Iceberg Hosting its reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection agency fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- The customer is responsible for all content posted or stored on their web hosting space. Iceberg Hosting exercises no control over the content or information contained on the servers used for hosting. Iceberg Hosting will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages which may result from the use of this service by its customers or any other related or unrelated third parties. Iceberg Hosting is not responsible for backing up data or recovering data in case of loss on the customer's behalf. There are no warranties expressed or implied for the services the Iceberg Hosting provides or the software used by the customer.
- Iceberge Hosting is not responsible for interruptions of service beyond its control. This includes interruptions by its suppliers and natural disasters.
- The customer agrees to keep all user IDs and access codes/passwords confidential. Sharing of account information and passwords is strictly forbidden. If a customer believes that his user ID or password has been compromised, the customer agrees to contact Iceberg Hosting immediately via e-mail or telephone.
- This agreement will be performed in and governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota. Any claims or legal action arising out of this Service Agreement must be instituted within one year after the claim or cause has arisen. Iceberg Hosting reserves the right to discontinue service for violation of any of the conditions of this service agreement.
- Any access to other networks connected to Iceberg Hosting's network must comply with the rules appropriate for that other network.
Disk Space and Website Features:
Iceberg Hosting will monitor the customer's current disk usage. If usage exceeds the amount registered for, Iceberg Hosting will contact the customer in an attempt to make an arrangement for additional disk usage. If customer does not respond, or is unable to be reached, Iceberg Hosting shall have the right to take corrective actions for exceeding disk storage. Such actions may include assessing additional charges, temporarily discontinuing services, or terminating the current agreement. If the customer feels that more disk space is required, it is the customer's responsibility to contact Iceberg Hosting (email@example.com) to discuss options for increased disk storage.
Services and Cancellation Policy
Iceberg Hosting requires a 30 day notice prior to canceling your account. You will be sent a bill with your final balance (up to 30 days after notification) after your cancel request. At the time of cancellation, all website files, e-mail accounts, and e-mails will be deleted from our server; you are responsible for requesting a backup of these files should you need them for future use.
Iceberg Hosting does NOT provide Domain Registration Only Services. If you have a website hosting account that includes domain registration with Iceberg Hosting, you are responsible for transferring your domain to a new registrar when you cancel your account. Failure to do so may result in billing from Iceberg Hosting for domain name renewal, or loss of your domain. It typically takes two weeks to transfer a domain to a new registrar, so keep that in mind when you cancel your account.
All services provided by Iceberg Hosting may be used only in accordance of the law. Storage, documentation, transmission, or presentation of information or data that violates US Federal, State, or City law is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted or plagiarized material, racist or threatening material, material that is obscene, pornography, "adult only" content, or material protected by other statute.
Iceberg Hosting prohibits website hosting customers from participating in the following:
- Pirating unlicensed software
- Pirating mp3 files
- Listing hacker programs or archives
- Hosting Warez websites
The customer agrees to indemnify and hold Iceberg Hosting harmless from any claims resulting from his/her use of Iceberg Hosting's services which damages the customer or another party.
Use of Iceberg Hosting's web hosting and e-mail Services to send Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE or "SPAM") is strictly prohibited and may be cause for immediate account termination. The customer agrees to pay Iceberg Hosting any reasonable expenses, including attorney and system administration fees, incurred in responding to complaints and damages caused by the action of sending Unsolicited Commercial E-mail.