Imagine sitting down at your desk after blocking time out of your schedule to create content, only to stare at a blinking cursor.
Maybe you don’t have to imagine it at all.
Hey, we get it. Writing can prove a frustrating experience, especially when you have so many other things to do and you can’t seem to find one good word to put on paper (or screen). The good news is this: all you need are a few hacks to get you back to creating awesome website content again.
Don’t Just Ignore the Need to Create Fresh Content
Although it’s easy to make excuses and place content creation on the back burner, fresh content is key for a successful online presence. Why?
- You could be missing 55% more website visitors simply by not blogging.
- Content marketing (blogging, social media, etc.) generates 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing. (Yes, 3 times!)
- About 81% of your customers may think less of your brand if your website isn’t up-to-date.
Plus, content quality is a huge ranking factor on Google. We know that out-of-date content is not high quality. We also know it isn’t valuable for readers.
In, sum, what you publish directly impacts your visibility in search and your impact on the people who choose to visit your site.
5 Creative Hacks to Generate New Website Content Ideas
The content you publish on your website can take many forms such as blog posts, new website pages, lead magnets and more. To start generating new content ideas, you can use these creative hacks.
- Repurpose what you have: You already have content on your website ripe for repurposing. For example, take a blog post and create a new one that goes even deeper into the topic. Or, take the blog posts you’ve written about a topic and create a guide to use as a lead magnet.
- Look to your customers: What questions do your customers typically ask? Write about them. You can also look at the comments on your social media posts or blog posts for ideas. Or you can send out a survey that allows your customers to tell you exactly what kind of content they wish to see.
- Use writing prompts: Conduct a quick online search for writing prompts that can help you think outside of the box. We love these prompts by Copyblogger.
- Dig around the internet: Visit online forums such as Reddit or Quora and type in your business niche or a topic. You’ll find all kinds of questions and discussions you can use to inspire new content. We also enjoy using Answer the Public to generate new writing topics.
- Create content in another medium: Do you have a fascinating blog post that your customers love? Turn it into an infographic. Do you have a podcast? Transcribe them into written content. Create a video. Create a printable guide. The sky’s the limit here.
Feeling Stuck? We Can Help You Get Out of the Rut.
We won’t say creating content is always easy, but you don’t have to do it alone. If you find yourself stuck in a content rut that you can’t get out of, send us a message.